Chief Banking Officer & President
OVERVIEW OF GOALS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
The Chief Banking Officer is responsible for significantly contributing to the strategic planning and direction of the bank, overseeing customer relationship growth; developing, implementing, and achieving annual goals and objectives as established in the annual Strategic Plan; assisting in identifying, targeting, and integrating noninterest income activities in nonbanking lines; insuring compliance with various operating policies and procedures and various regulatory requirements; supervising assigned personnel; communicating and interfacing with other department and management personnel; providing periodic management reports.
The Chief Banking Officer reports to the Chief Executive Officer.
Leads the Bank’s loan production efforts in order to meet the credit needs of customers while, at the same time, controlling credit risk, as follows:
- Maximizing loan and commercial deposit growth through effective planning, development, and implementation of lending strategies.
- Identifying and developing long-term strategies that will include initiatives such as portfolio mix, growth strategies, and market penetration objectives.
- Leading efforts with the executive management team to develop and implement appropriate lending products and services.
- Approving loans and exposures up to an amount so designated by the Board of Directors.
- Reviewing and approving loan policy exceptions, when appropriate and properly mitigated.
- Monitoring proper uses of loan authorities.
- Keeping lenders abreast of lending rates and pricing issues.
- Assisting in the early detection of developing credit weaknesses, and in working out of problem loans requiring special attention.
- Providing leadership and serving as mentor to the loan production team in the attainment of its goals.
SKILLS & OTHER ABILITIES
- Effectively lead and support a team of banking professionals to achieve targeted goals.
- Critical thinking and analysis.
- Willingness to travel.
- Ability to learn and contribute to oversight and growth of noninterest income activities
- Knowledge of relevant policies, procedures, and regulatory rules and regulations
- Problem identification and resolution
- Leadership and professionalism
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Senior Vice-President, Retail & Business Banking
- Market Presidents
If you’d like to learn more, please contact Barry van Roden 212-387-8171 for more information.